Having spent the evening with my favourite bosom buddy ‘Blossom Hill’ and losing myself in a full blown Bridget Jones marathon (which naturally resulted in a slight white wine melt down as I evaluated my life), I came to the conclusion that I was slowly becoming Miss B Jones herself or at the very least a version of!
Most of my friends are engaged, living together and/or have children. I on the other hand am none of these things and my only responsibility in life is my cat…and sometimes I am even terrible at that.
But then I realised that I’ve actually got the best end of this deal:
- I can sit lounging around all day, make-up free and wearing very unflattering clothes…and it doesn’t matter!
- I can sit (in the same very unattractive and unflattering clothes) consuming my whole body weight in wine and chocolate and not have a judgemental male staring at me making me feel guilty.
- I can waltz around wearing a Sudocrem face mask and basically looking like a ghost whenever I like – without being laughed at!
- I can watch ‘Snapped: Women who kill’ without a boyfriend hiding all the knives and growing suspicious of me.
- Being child-free – I can wake up whenever I like.
- I can spend all of my money on shoes and it is completely o.k!
- I can unashamedly and freely be a crazy cat woman.
- I can go out with friends at the drop of a hat.
- I do not have to deal with the ‘where are you?’ phone calls.
- Basically I can do whatever I like – whenever I like!
What are your perks of being single?